In the coming weeks we’ll be getting off the keyboard and heading out to a few events.
- On the 21st and 22nd Marc Tobias will be in Karlsruhe, Germany for the OpenStreetMap Hack Weekend. OpenStreetMap is the foundation of our service and he’ll be hoping to crank out a few fixes to Nominatim. In general it’s always a good chance to compare notes with others in the OSM scene. Many thanks to the good folks from Geofabrik for organising and hosting the event
- On the 25th of October I’ll be in London for #geomob, the meetup for location based service developers that we organize. It’s always a fun event at which five or six speakers present their geoprojects, whether for fun or profit. Afterwards we all head to the pub for geobeers and discussion. This time #geomob will be back at the excellent facilities of Geovation. Many thanks to them for their support.
- On the 4th of November I’ll be attending (and hopefully speaking at) the Perl & Friends conference in Barcelona. Our service is built using Perl (amongst other programming languages as well) and it is a very fun and welcoming community. Hopefully my talk proposal will be accepted and I’ll share a bit about the ops and downs of a SaaS business.
- From the 12th-14th of November I'll be in Lisbon for MicroConf Europe, where I'll be speaking about building a global customer base as a bootstrapped SaaS business. I'm excited. Not just because it will be my first time in Lisbon, but also because I have heard so many amazing things about MicroConf (and learned an immense amount from their videos). It should be a great few days.
- Finally, on the 30th of November we’ll be back in Berlin for another addition of Wherecamp, organized by the Association for Geoinformatics, GeoIT and Navigation e.V. of which we’re proud to be a member.
Hopefully we’ll see you at one of these events.